Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get playback on Logic Express 8

I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong with the playback on my logic express 8. I'm new to Logic, and I have read up and see other people having a similar problem, so i'm guessing this is pretty common? I can't get anything but the click and loops (so i know my headphones are working), i've enabled the device, and gone into my system preferences to make sure nothing is muted (i've also checked the mixer). I can get it to track... but, no sound. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

A

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 4:42 PM

3 replies

Oct 15, 2013 11:25 AM in response to alyssadawnc

If you drag an audio or MIDI loop into the arrange area and loop it for 4 bars, can you hear it play back?

If you then record audio or MIDI onto another track do you see an audio waveform or MIDI notes on the track?

When you play it back, what do you hear? The recorded track along with the loop track? Just the loop track?

Is the playhead moving when you play it back?

If you recorded on a software instrument track using a MIDI keyboard, did you insert a synth or sampler onto that track by clicking on the I/O button in the channel strip?

Oct 25, 2013 6:02 AM in response to alyssadawnc

You are correct in that this is not an uncommon problem. Rather than fire more questions at you, allow me to offer a couple of suggestions to try. First of all, select the MIDI region you just recorded and hit "M" once or twice to be sure the region is not muted (it will be grayed out if muted.) If the problem persists, try duplicating your software instrument track and dragging the MIDI region to this new track. Hopefully you will now be able to hear it.

Other people experiencing this issue have suggested avoiding using "undo" when recording MIDI, and trying File > Revert To Saved.

Can't get playback on Logic Express 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.