Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The media wasn’t added because it contains no content or is corrupt.

I am trying to move photos from iphoto to an I Books Author project. I can move them to layouts, but when I try to move them into a text area I get the message " The media wasn’t added because it contains no content or is corrupt."

Does anyone know what the problem is? I can move the same images into a Pages Document and other parts of the I books project.

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 5:31 PM

8 replies

Oct 15, 2013 5:15 PM in response to jimf2338

I think that is the root of your problem.. text columns are for.... text!

Its better to use a blank page or a customised page for your images.

You could try this, Select Shapes top menu - choose one - it will appear on your page, size it to suit.

Now you can drop your photo, as you do hover over the shape and a blue inner line should show, if so drop the image and it will sit inside the "shape", if not delete and repeat.

Putting images over flowing text columns can create problems, if you have flowing text or add later in a page previous to the images... the text will skip around the images and appear at the next usable column on a page.

You can also try the Insert menu option, but I found without a place holder, wierd things can happen.

What proportion of your book do images make?

Ideally if its a lot, its wise to create new pages in the template, slide the Book bar down to reveal the layout panel, select a blank page, copy and paste it, select it and add shapes. Set their position as suits you and save changes. Close the layout panel, and add a page.. selecting your new photo page.

Any problems, just get back to here and I or somebody else will take it up.

Oct 17, 2013 8:36 AM in response to vinnyvg

I think this will work, but seems cumbersome. I discovered a technique that does work and I am using. If I go into Iphoto and change the edit parmeters of an image that will not port over to IBooks Author. For instance if I change the sharpnes, saturation, contrast, etc, then try to either copy and paste in IBA, or drag it over, it works. I have no idea why. I will post this as a reply to my original message also in the hopes others having the same problem will find it there.

Oct 17, 2013 2:53 PM in response to jimf2338

Are the images within the required maximum of 3.2megapixels - which equates to an image maximum size of 2048x1536? also, if you alter the dpi/ppi ... after resizing an image .. the actual file size can increase dramatically.

I am not aware that changing the image as you describe, as any real effect on dimentions or file size. But, I dont use iPhoto or knows its foibles.

For my own workflow, before starting work on a book, I process all my images to acceptable dimentions - after making any "cosmetic" changes either using Photoshop , PS elements or Adobe firewoks, depending on my required end product. I have a project folder in which is saved the iBA file, and later, iBooks files and screenshots and cover image. I add an "assets" folder and store all the images and text files I will use. This keeps everything in one place and easier to locate and use during the books production.

Good luck with your book...

Oct 19, 2013 12:31 PM in response to vinnyvg

Vinnyvg, Thanks for the very helpful comments. I did not resize any of the images and that may be part of the apparent "corruption" messege I was getting. I also have no mature work flow process as you describle here. if I do another book I will try to keep your process in mind. Have you ever published in PDF format. I will make my book available for free in the ibooks format and I believe I can use PDF as well. I wouldn't mind having on the Kindle store for friends who do not have Ipads.

The media wasn’t added because it contains no content or is corrupt.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.