Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies and music bought on apple tv do not appear in my itunes library on my mac (but music bought on my mac on itunes appear on apple tv.) Would you be able to help me?

Movies and music bought on apple tv do not appear in my itunes library on my mac (but music bought on my mac on itunes appear on apple tv.) Would you be able to help me?

Apple TV

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 7:01 PM

7 replies

Oct 17, 2013 2:35 PM in response to Kuronekoyamato

Hi Kuronekoyamato,

If you are not seeing your Apple TV purchases on your Mac, you may want to check to make sure that Automatic Download is enabled:

iTunes Store: How to enable Automatic Downloads

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4539

You may also want to see if you can manually download the purchases from the Mac:

Apple Support: Downloading past purchases from the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519

Regards,

- Brenden

Jan 6, 2014 2:25 PM in response to Kuronekoyamato

I had this same issue. When I tried to sync downloads, check on available downloads, etc., from the iTunes program on my Macbook Pro, nothing was working. I couldn't even find the movies in my purchase history under my account, so I was getting really worried that something had gone wrong.

Luckily, I was finally was able to find the movies I'd purchased on Apple TV by doing the following:

1. Go to iTunes Store

2. Click on the QUICK LINK: Purchased

3. Click on the Movies tab. (Or music, or whatever purchase you're looking for.)

4. Make sure the "Not in My Library" tab is depressed, and your movies should appear there with a Cloud icon in the upper right-hand corner of each movie's cover art.

When I double-clicked on them, the downloads initiated.

I hope this helps you! Good luck! -Ashley

Jun 16, 2014 8:14 PM in response to bforbaker

Thank you bforbaker. I had been super frustrated that my iTunes Movie purchases showed up on my iPad and Apple TV but not in my Mac/Windows iTunes 11 Library, which only showed "Your movie purchases in iCloud will also appear whenever you're signed into the iTunes Store." I WAS signed in, but still nothing.

After checking "Show iTunes in the Cloud Purchases" in preferences, my movies appeared. So unintuitive that I had to check this when it's automatically enabled for all other Apple devices. C'mon Apple! This option should be ON BY DEFAULT.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.