Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

.MOV files on MS8 - sound no picture

I migrated .MOV files to my PC. I can hear but cannot see the video. The codecs listed are m1v1, Linear PCM, Timecode. Any help is greatly appreciated.

quicktime-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 10:34 PM

3 replies

Oct 15, 2013 8:50 AM in response to rbarajas

I'm unclear how to resolve this issue? Do I need to convert the file before sending it to my PC or can I download the propert codec to play it? If it's the latter then where would I find that codec?

Conversion would probably be the easiest approach. Conversion can probably be done either before or after file transfer depending on the file specifics. For instance, if the file is in elementary data streams, then you could probably use QT to perform the conversion on your Mac and retain the audio. If "muxed," then I would probably try conversion using MPEG Streamclip on the Mac. Unfortunately, MPEG Streamclip can somtimes be picky about "muxed" files with PCM audio. On the other hand, if you have an FFmpeg-based conversion app/utility handy, e.g., HandBrake, VLC, FFmpeg/FFmpegX, etc, then you could try using such an app/utility to perform your conversion since I believe M1V1 is the MPEG-1 FourCC associated with the FFmpeg codec package and many FFmpeg-based apps/utilities are available for both Mac and PC platforms.

User uploaded file

.MOV files on MS8 - sound no picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.