Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 time/clock missing on pin entry screen

Using iOS 6 I could just slightly pry open the magnetic screen cover to peek at the current time as it was always displayed at the top and center of the pin entry screen.

Now with iOS 7 I have to completely open the cover and tap cancel on the pin screen just to see the current time. I could also completely enter the pin or click the sleep button on the side twice slowly. But these are rather awkward actions to have to take just for a quick peek at the current time.

Anyone know how to configure iOS 7 to always show the current time, even on the pin entry screen ???

I am using an iPad Mini with the Passcode Lock setting configured to Immediately.

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 2:38 AM

I think the only way you could get this functionality back would be to either disable the passcode lock on your iPad Settings>General>Passcode Lock or to turn off the wake function when you open the magnetic screen cover Settings>General>Lock/Unlock

Regards,

Steve

4 replies

Dec 1, 2013 1:56 PM in response to Steve Nicholls

Maybe I overlooked this in early iOS 7, but now with iOS 7.0.4 one may simply tap on on the lock screen once and the time will appear.

So to sneak a peek at the time in iOS 7.. peel back the smart cover just far enough to get a finger, or stylus, on the screen, and tap the screen just once and the time will appear top and center on the lock screen..

iOS 7 time/clock missing on pin entry screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.