Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So, I had a derp moment...

Being a broke college student, I scrounged up some old electronics and hurried to the local pawn shop (I needed gas in my tank ASAP and under $10 at the time...yay). One of which was my first generation iPod touch.

This thing hasn't been used in years. Upon plugging it in, it was so dead it showed me the battery icon filling up and I had to wait for it to continue charging.

It got enough juice to show me the iTunes icon, with a charger pointing at it.

I didn't think about it when I sold my stuff, and now I'm panicking because I'm worried that all my account information is on that iPod still. I know that, should I be screwed, I can always change my debit card info (which I'd rather not do, you know) and get a new card with a new number and all that jazz.

I deauthorized all the computers my devices are linked to, for time being.

But the question is, since the iPod hasn't been used in so long, would it just default back to factory settings? Is my account information still on that thing?

Thank you in advance!

iPod touch, First generation 8GB iPod Touch

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 5:44 AM

The iPod will not reset to factory defaults/be erased when the battery dies.

If you had a screen-lock passcode on the iPod yo are pretty safe.

Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod.

The can't charge to your iTunes account with out the password.

1 reply

So, I had a derp moment...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.