Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring from Mac mini (Bootcamp) to Macbook Pro

I purchased a Mac mini earlier this year, and while it is an amazing machine, I think a Macbook is something I will need at the moment as I am traveling a bit. Now my issue is that I run windows via Bootcamp on my Mac mini and would still like to do so on a Macbook. How difficult is it to transfer from one to the other? I imagine that the Mountain Lion OS makes it easy to do so, but I want to make sure. I also don't want to lose the $200 that I spent on the Windows 7 key.

(I would like to mention that I am not worried about losing any data on Mountain Lion OS as everything is on some sort of cloud, same is to say for the Windows side.)

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 6:02 AM

1 reply

Oct 15, 2013 6:10 AM in response to M. Rosa

See if this can help: http://twocanoes.com/winclone/

(Note: Only for NTFS, if your BooCamp partition is FAT32, this will not work)

Boot Camp to Image to Boot Camp

The most common imaging scenario is to create a Winclone image of Boot Camp as part of a backup strategy or to use as a source for Boot Camp migration. This scenario is a two-step operation.

First, select the Boot Camp partition in the Sources column, then select Save Image in the Destination window, then click the Save Image... button.

After creating the image, it may be restored to Boot Camp, shared on the network to restore to other Mac hosts, copied as a file to another Mac to migrate Boot Camp or deployed to multiple remote Mac systems using mass deployment applications.

Transferring from Mac mini (Bootcamp) to Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.