Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone vibrate for no reason?

My phone just keeps vibrating for no reason at random times and there are no notifications...not a email or anything...

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2014 2:30 PM

FINALLY figured this out after 2 weeks of searching. I had removed everything from my notification center and turned off all notifications in every app. Do this:

• Settings ->
  • Sounds ->
  • New Mail (or whatever you think is causing the vibration) ->
  • Vibration (then scroll to the bottom) and click 'None'

Very strange that to turn off a vibration you would have to go into "Sounds" instead of the notification center, but it worked for me.

You may be receiving these vibrating alerts even if the notifications are turned off.

Note: using iPhone 5C, iOS 7.1.1

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2014 2:30 PM in response to Smith50209

FINALLY figured this out after 2 weeks of searching. I had removed everything from my notification center and turned off all notifications in every app. Do this:

• Settings ->
  • Sounds ->

Very strange that to turn off a vibration you would have to go into "Sounds" instead of the notification center, but it worked for me.

You may be receiving these vibrating alerts even if the notifications are turned off.

Jun 17, 2014 3:57 PM in response to Smith50209

• Settings ->
  • Sounds ->

Why does my iPhone vibrate for no reason?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.