Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Message Badge Count Stuck At 1

Hi,

I am using IOS 7.0.2 on iPhone 5. A few days ago my WhatsApp and other app/apps (I have notice it in Ruzzle but there may be few other app as well) started behaving awkwardly. Even if I have more than one new/unread message, the badge count does not exceed more than 1. When I read the message, there will be no badge count on top right corner. But even if I have 15 new WhatsApp messages, the new message badge count will not exceed one - "1". This problem started a few days ago and has been bugging me ever since.

I have already tried the following:

1) Restart the phone.

2) Go to Settings > Notification Center > WhatsApp (Other Apps) > Badge App Icon On/Off.

Even more confusing is the fact this issue is not affecting all the apps - badge count in iMessage's & Mail's are in line with actual new/unread messages and will show more than 1 badge count. The setting in my WhatsApp and iMessages are exactly same.

I would appreciate any help on this issue.

KR

Prashant.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 6:04 AM

8 replies

Oct 16, 2013 2:31 PM in response to Prashant2908

Hi,

I tried almost everything to find a solution to this but does not work, whatsapp needs to figure it out quicky and upgade the version for the ios 7.

A few steps which I performed:

Turn notifications from the app on/off.

Turned notifications on/off from the notification center.

Installed the app again

restored my fone

Toggle on/off show in lock screen.

If any one figures it out pls keep posting in this thread, which will help others.

New Message Badge Count Stuck At 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.