Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 freezes on lock screen

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 8:40 AM

Reset, hold both home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until the iPhone restarts itself. Then when up and running, press home button twice quickly, then swipe up and away all the windows of running apps.

25 replies

Oct 15, 2013 8:52 AM in response to brad805

I reset my phone everytime my phone freezes but did not do the following steps. I will try and let you know. Thing to note here is, this never happened before ios7. I also noticed, freezing often happens with a bunch of "whatsapp" messages showing up on my locked screen. I have disabled that feature to see if it solves the problem. Thanks for taking time to reply. 🙂

Apr 30, 2014 3:00 AM in response to MaiiPHONE

My iPhone 5s is doing this since I bought it and lost my time to wake up. Mine always freezes during the night, with or without charger. In iOS 7.1 the problem became few times and 7.1.1 a bit less times but it still happens and annoys me a lot. What is the difficult level to make a cellphone that works like an old Nokia through the night??? I had to buy an alarm clock just in case my iPhone decide to freeze! That is disgusting.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.