You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I rented and watched a movie on my Apple TV last night ...

and want to watch it again, but it's not there... Shouldn't I be able to watch it as many times as I want till the 24 hrs runs out?

AppleTV 2

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 7:19 AM

2 replies

Nov 3, 2013 6:14 AM in response to jessn

Hey Jessn, Carolyn its mistake, last night i rent a movie to watch with my wife, and she fell sleep while a finish watching it, i woke up this morning i found that the movie was not in my apple tv, i was very upset, and blow up with the itunes store support, i found this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1415

iTunes Store: Movie rental usage rights in the United States

You can rent movies from the iTunes Store and watch them with your Mac or Windows computer, iPhone, iPad, video-enabled iPod*, or on your TV using Apple TV.

The iTunes Store movie rental usage rules are as follows:

• You have 30 days to begin watching the movie after the download completes. You can start watching the movie rental while it is still downloading.
  • Once you've started to watch the rental, you have 24 hours to finish watching the movie (even if you start watching before the download is complete). You can watch the rental as many times as you want within this 24-hour period.
  • The rental will expire when either the 30 day or 24-hour limit is reached. Once the rental expires, the rental is automatically deleted. You must rent and download the movie again to view it after your rental has expired.
  • You can move the rental between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period. However, the movie can only be played on one device at a time. If you rent a movie on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV, it is not transferable to any other device and you must watch it on that device.
  • On your device, the time remaining for you to finish watching the movie appears near the movie title.
  • You can only play your rented movies on the computer you rented it from and only if it is authorized to play your iTunes Store purchases and rentals.

WHAT I DID TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM ITS I CHECK MY APPLE TV FOR UPDATES, AND IT WAS ONE AVALIBLE I DID IT , AND THEM when it finish my rent movie was there. i have rent or buy movies on itunes store with apple tv Ipad iphone Mac, always have 24 hours to watch a rent movie as many times a i want.

Take care, my suggestion its report the problem to the itunes store support the always nice and should give you a compensation for you money.

Oct 15, 2013 7:25 AM in response to jessn

You have 30 days from the time of rental to watch your movie, and 24 hours (in the US) or 48 hours (elsewhere) after you've started viewing to finish it. Once the rental period expires, the movie will disappear from your iTunes library.

From here > iTunes Store: Movie rental frequently asked questions (FAQ)

You can only watch the movie one time unless you want to rent it again.

I rented and watched a movie on my Apple TV last night ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.