Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S blue screen of death

Got my iPhone 5S on launch day and had no problems with it at all until today when I picked it up, went to unlock it but had a black screen as if the phone was switched off. I powered it on to get the Apple logo then the spinning loading wheel and then the blue screen of death before it rebooted again. I am now stuck in a constant loop of blue screen and restarts.

Evrything I have read relates to iWork apps but I do not use any of the iWork apps and do not have any of them on my phone. I also do no back up through iCloud, I back up to my computer.

I called Apple Support (UK) who suggested I restore through itunes. I attempted that but it said the software install would take 30 minutes. It did go through as the phone obviously drops out of itunes when it reboots every 5 minutes. The Apple guy said he would call me back at 3pm. Its now 3.20pm.

I don't know what to do!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 7:13 AM

19 replies

Oct 15, 2013 1:27 PM in response to FelipeV

Thanks for your help, but when I say I don't know what to do, I meant with my phone not the call centre. I can just about figure out to call them again if they do not call back, but I was hoping to get support or advice from any other users who have maybe suffered with the same issue in the mean time. Perhaps I didn't word my original post very well.

I know that there are no Apple staff in these forums.

Thanks again though for taking the time to respond.

Oct 15, 2013 2:27 PM in response to Polonium

I spoke to Apple again and to cut a long story short, they basically said its RIP for my phone. They have ordered me a replacement that should get delivered tomorrow. They did say I could walk in to an Apple store and pick a new one up, but I don't live near an Apple store so they are going to send one.

He described the issue as 'a developing problem that they are becoming aware of'. To be honest they didn't make me try to do much to save the phone and were very quick in offering me a new one so they must know it is game over when it happened.

I'm just glad I backed up to my iMac last night.

iPhone 5S blue screen of death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.