Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to transfer photos, files from iphone 5s to macbook pro via bluetooth?

Before I got the iphone 5s, I was using a Nokia phone. I was able to transfer photos, files from my Nokia phone to macbook pro via bluetooth connections. It was very simple and POSSIBLE (even though apple support staff said it was not possible to do so). My macbook pro does NOT need to be paired with Nokia phone as long as it can DISCOVER the nokia phone and vice versa.

Hence, after i got the iphone 5s recently, I'd expected both devices (iphone 5s and macbook pro) to communicate and connect via bluetooth as easily as Nokia phone. However, I was disappointed to find out the iphone 5s kept "searching" for discoverable device even though my macbook DISCOVERED the iphone!! Thus, I was NOT able to transfer any files from these two devices.

Any apple technical people care to explain why BOTH are apple products cant work? A Nokia phone and macbook can. Very strange, isn't it?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 8:02 AM

6 replies

Is it possible to transfer photos, files from iphone 5s to macbook pro via bluetooth?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.