Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

few photos are transferring to imac from iphone. How do I get all of them to move to iMac?

Hi

How can I get all my photos to transfer from the iphone to the imac? A few of them did transfer. The devices are in sync and the iphone is plugged into a surge protector socket. Thanks very much.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 12:21 PM

Hey Button11,

Thanks for the question. I understand you wish to import personal photos from your iPhone to an iMac. The following article outlines how to do so:

iOS: Importing personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

If you have a Mac

You can import pictures from your iOS device using iPhoto (if installed):

1. Connect the device to your computer. iPhoto should automatically launch into its import window with your device's images and videos listed.

Note: If iPhoto does not automatically open, you may wish to enable the behavior.

User uploaded file

2. Click Import All. If you want only some of your images imported, select the images and videos you would like to import into iPhoto, then click the Import Selected button.

3. When the photos finish importing, you will be presented with a dialog asking whether you'd like to delete the original photos from your Camera Roll. Click Delete Photos.

Note: Deleting photos after importing helps to reduce Camera Roll size, and it improves backup and restore times. You may choose Keep Photos if you wish to import the photos to additional computers.

If you do not have iPhoto installed on your computer, you can import pictures from the device using Image Capture:

1. Connect the iOS device to the computer.

2. If Image Capture does not open automatically, you can navigate to your Applications folder and open Image Capture from there.

3. Choose the location to which you'd like to import pictures.

4. Click Options.

5. Click the Options tab if it isn't already selected.

6. Enable the option "Delete items from camera after downloading".

Note: Deleting photos after importing helps to reduce Camera Roll size, and it improves backup and restore times. You may choose Keep Photos if you wish to import the photos to additional computers.

7. Click OK.

8. Click Download All.

Thanks,

Matt M.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2013 12:21 PM in response to Button11

Hey Button11,

Thanks for the question. I understand you wish to import personal photos from your iPhone to an iMac. The following article outlines how to do so:

iOS: Importing personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

If you have a Mac

You can import pictures from your iOS device using iPhoto (if installed):

1. Connect the device to your computer. iPhoto should automatically launch into its import window with your device's images and videos listed.

Note: If iPhoto does not automatically open, you may wish to enable the behavior.

User uploaded file

2. Click Import All. If you want only some of your images imported, select the images and videos you would like to import into iPhoto, then click the Import Selected button.

3. When the photos finish importing, you will be presented with a dialog asking whether you'd like to delete the original photos from your Camera Roll. Click Delete Photos.

If you do not have iPhoto installed on your computer, you can import pictures from the device using Image Capture:

1. Connect the iOS device to the computer.

2. If Image Capture does not open automatically, you can navigate to your Applications folder and open Image Capture from there.

3. Choose the location to which you'd like to import pictures.

4. Click Options.

5. Click the Options tab if it isn't already selected.

6. Enable the option "Delete items from camera after downloading".

7. Click OK.

8. Click Download All.

Thanks,

Matt M.

May 4, 2014 8:43 AM in response to Button11

When you plug in your iPhone, then open iPhoto, your iPhone should appear under the Devices section. If the view does not change to show the photos on your iPhone, click on your iPhone's name. The "import" options appear near the bottom of the window

Sometimes, Snow Leopard's iPhoto doesn't detect a device so you may have to quit and reopen the app a few times until your iPod appears under the Devices section.

You can also use programs such as iExplorer to view an download anything from iOS devices.

Oct 29, 2014 8:30 PM in response to Button11

In your case, I think you an tansfer photos from iPhone to Mac through iPhoto (I found this from another post):

Plug iPhone into computer. iPhoto should automatically open its import window and show your device's images and videos. If iPhoto doesn't open, you might need to turn the option on.

Click Import All. Or if you want to import specific items, select those images and videos, then click Import Selected. After your photos import, a dialog will ask you if you want to delete the original photos from your Camera Roll.

If you delete photos after you import them, you can reduce the size of your Camera Roll and improve backup and restore times. If you want to import the photos to additional computers, keep your photos.

Hope this helps.

few photos are transferring to imac from iphone. How do I get all of them to move to iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.