Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Aux Channels

I am trying to switch from Mainstage 2 to 3 and I am experiancing some bizarre behaviour:

A lot of times when I create aux channels on concert level, they turn up twice on patch level (both marked as concert level auxes). Also the order of my concert level aux channels is messed up on patch level a lot of times and reodrering them on concert level don't help. They are just stuck in the wrong place at patch level. It also seems that when i have several aux channels on concert level that on patch level I sometimes get the same total number of concert level aux channels, but half of them are duplicates that even show up in the wrong order. The other half is just missing.

I have a pretty complex performance patch from M2 that I just tried to open in M3, but I came across this messed up behaviour with aux channels. So I thought it probably has to do with the M2 file format and I tried to recreate the whole thing. But now I am running into the same issue while trying to recreate things in M3. Since I worked a lot in M2 I think I understand the general working and track level hierarchy of Mainstage pretty well. So unless something has substantially changed there this must be a huge bug and I wonder why no one came across this before.

Unfortunately this makes M3 pretty much unusable for me right now. Did anyone else experience this?

Logic Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 10:13 AM

5 replies

Oct 27, 2013 6:05 AM in response to MiloszCzeslaw

Just to keep things up to date:

After sending the bug report I got an answer from a Mainstage developer right on the next day. I haven't heard about it since, but I guess they are worlking on it, and I hope the fix will be in the next version.

He also told me that the Aux Channels work different in M3 than in M2. Concert level Auxes don't generally show up on the patch level anymore, but only if they are used in the patch.

Of course they should never show up twice.

Nov 2, 2013 10:08 AM in response to WidorsToccata

Yes, it is annoying me as well. I can't use MS3 because of this, because I have a very complex live setup, and I cannot organise aux channels the way I need them because of the problem. Neither can I use MS2 anymore because of stability and compatibility issues. So at the moment this means a total productivity time-out for me which I can hardly afford.

The bug is reported, but I don't expect to hear back from apple before the update. I am hoping for it to arrive soon and I keep checking for updates everyday.

Dec 7, 2015 4:21 PM in response to MiloszCzeslaw

I have extra AUX channels show up every time I make a new patch or duplicate a patch. They show up at the concert level. I then have to go to the concert level to delete them. They sometimes reappear next time I open the concert, so that means taking time to delete them before I continue. I have suspicion that it is a bus send that is orphaned in some manner (real or malingering) that is causing this. Sure is a PITA!

Duplicate Aux Channels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.