Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open document, even with .zip trick

Hey guys,

I have a pages document, which was created last year in october under the latest pages version available. It is 95 mb large and when i try to open it, the programm says that the index.xml is missing.

I tried the trick where you change .pages to .zip but when i open the folder it is totally empty 😟 I had some backups of it but they were all refused by pages.

Hopefully someone can help me because this document is pretty important

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4.

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 10:09 AM

9 replies

Oct 15, 2013 5:47 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Yes i tried it with older versions too.

I do my backups with the airport extreme (2013 version)

Maybe there was something going wrong when I moved the file to icloud earlier this year. After I realised that the file wasnt working anymore I moved it back to the macbook. Sadly I just have backups after I moved the file back to the macbook.

Hopefully this never happens again...

Oct 15, 2013 7:34 PM in response to Gizmo08

Personally I neither trust nor use either iCloud or Time Machine.

Sorry this has happened but I would not count on this being one off. Apple really needs to pull their finger out, there is now so much in OSX and iOS that simply doesn't work, or works badly.

I do hope the promised new version of the iWork software arrives soon and isn't a huge step backwards.

Peter

Can't open document, even with .zip trick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.