Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i change my number. i still have my old number so i cant verify my apple with a code on it. now i cant purchase any movies.

how can i change my number to a new number i have. i cant purchase anyrthing because the code sends it to my old number.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 11:10 AM

1 reply

Oct 17, 2013 10:40 AM in response to asri_andrew

Hello asri_andrew,

It sounds like you are trying to make a purchase, but the two-step verification code is being sent to your old number. You can update your number using these steps:

Adding or Removing SMS Numbers

To add or remove an SMS-capable number from your account:

1. Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com), click "Manage your Apple ID," and sign in.
  2. Under Edit Your Apple ID, select "Password and Security."
  3. Under Trusted Devices, select Manage.
  4. Click Add to enter a new SMS-capable number for your Apple ID.
  5. Click Remove next to the verified phone number associated with your Apple ID.

You can find the full article here:

Apple ID: About SMS and two-step verification

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5593

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

how do i change my number. i still have my old number so i cant verify my apple with a code on it. now i cant purchase any movies.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.