Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help, please help. Apple Configuratior + Profile Manger + VPP + Apple ID = **** on earth...

Hello there,

So I have inhereted a rather botched iPad rollout.

Here is what I have pieced together so far.

VPP codes are all jacked up. Some got redeemed from a master account, some from "cart specific" accounts. I am having a bear of a time, just ensuring I can correctly deploy software.

Configurator can retrieve codes if I unsupervise, but are not consistently redeploying them, likely because as I inhereted it, I made assumption to it's configuration which were not accurate.

Profile manager is pre-staged with all device serial numbers, and auto-enrollment does work correctly (yay progress)

So, here is what I have questions on.

Apple ID's for a cart of 30, do I need 3 seperate apple IDs, due to the limitation of 10 iOS devices per Apple ID?

VPP Codes, do I now need to purchase and manage my carts/codes in groups of 10, due to the above mentioned iOS limitations with concurrent devices attached to an Apple ID?

future proofing.

We are hoping to go airwatch *next year*. I wanted to do a hybrid profile manager/configurator solution. Initial deployment all thru configurator, permissions managed split between configurator and profile manager. Future free apps to be deployed via profile manager, and free apps deployed via configurator.

I need to know the logistics, not necessarily a step by step of click here, click there.

How many Apple ID's per cart, and how do I realistically manage those apps once I have the accounts provisioned. I have the basic mechanics of configurator/profile manager down. I am afraid of missing some important detail, and not being any further off than the last guy was.

Thanks in advance!

Apple Configurator-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 12:02 PM

There are no replies.

Help, please help. Apple Configuratior + Profile Manger + VPP + Apple ID = **** on earth...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.