Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't I like and dislike songs on itunes radio?

when I add a radio station it won't let me not like the song or like it

it only says add to itunes wish list

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 1:53 PM

Hello K_athleen23,

It sounds like you would like a way to tell iTunes Radio that you either, do not want to hear this song, or play more songs like it. From the same menu where you are seeing the Add to Wish List option, there are 2 items you can select to accomplish this:

And while listening, you can make adjustments by tapping Play More Like This or Never Play This Song.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-radio/

Cheers,

Sterling

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2013 1:53 PM in response to K_athleen23

Hello K_athleen23,

It sounds like you would like a way to tell iTunes Radio that you either, do not want to hear this song, or play more songs like it. From the same menu where you are seeing the Add to Wish List option, there are 2 items you can select to accomplish this:

And while listening, you can make adjustments by tapping Play More Like This or Never Play This Song.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-radio/

Cheers,

Sterling

Oct 17, 2013 2:32 PM in response to sterling r

That link takes us to a webpage advertising iTunes Radio. It gives no specific instructions that I can find. I have a similar problem. I have some personal stations. When playing, if you click the station icon it opens a sub-window that shows a list of the songs previously played, with links to them in the Store. Left of there is an area with two large squares with a plus sign. One is for "Play more like this" and if you click on the box, a dialog will allow you to add an artist, song, or genre. The reverse is true for the "Never play this" box, the artist, etc., should be ignored. I have "added" several artists to one of my personal stations, and they have not played, even after listening for some time. I have not tried the other option to see if that works. Any ideas how to get that to work?

Dec 3, 2013 1:07 PM in response to K_athleen23

Any answer? It used to be when I clicked the STAR on a song, a drop down appeared letting me either "Play more Like this" or "Never Play This Again". Now it only lets me Add to Wishlist.

WHAT HAPPENED?? Anyone know?

This worked fine until just recently. (My first thought was maybe Apple was trying to get people to buy more stuff for the holidays, probably not though, has to be a better explanation)

Dec 30, 2013 9:20 AM in response to Atropos13

Thanks Atropos13. Finally an answer. I just retested and see the Star does allow for 'liking/disliking' songs on radio stations i created. It does not function this way on Apple created stations. Although in my opinion it should. Not a very user friendly intuitive UI when a menu selection on the screen functions 2 different ways and is not consistent. Oh well.

Appreciate the accurate response though! Thanks again.

Apr 13, 2015 7:55 AM in response to K_athleen23

There is an easy way around this. While the station is playing, tap the info button at the top, tap New Station from Artist. Now the artist is playing from a station that you created and you are open to Play More Like This or Never Play This Song. Also note that you will have two of the same stations, the one that apple created, and the one that you've created. Just delete the first one and you should be all set.

why can't I like and dislike songs on itunes radio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.