Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s Power button Rattle Resolution

Having purchased the iPhone 5s 64 in Gray on release, the power button rattles badly enough the mic pics it up on phone calls and videos. My carrier sent a replacment that still had the same issue. The wait for the replacement exceeded the 14 day period and Apple will only replace with one of their white box models which I looked at and had physical damage to in the genius bar.

Has anyone recieved a unit lately that hasn't had this issue? In speaking with Apple relations they simply delegated the matter to the store again and was not much of a solution. Meanwhile I'm escalating this with the carrier in the hopes they will do the right thing since this compromises two major device functions. Apple acknowledged the issue, but said little in the way of whether this affected many units or a small number of batches.

Can anyone else report if they have had better success finding a remedy on this matter?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 27" Mid 2011 3.4 Ghz 16Gigs Ram

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 1:12 PM

2 replies

Oct 15, 2013 2:23 PM in response to BarrettF77

Sadly all the ones I have seen do it slightly, I have a week 39 unit and it does it. If you get a chance maybe get a iPhone 5C as they dont. Its a real shame this one issue has ruined my enjoyment of the phone all iPhone 5s units I personaly have seen make this noise to a lesser or greater degree. Maybe exchange it in a few months and they will have fixed it.

iPhone 5s Power button Rattle Resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.