Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 8 can either launch vm in hyper-v or connect to wifi networks, but not both. Needs a reboot to switch mode. Any idea?

Hello guys,

New here for a problem I think is quite weird. Got the MBA 2013 i7

When I boot Windows from OS X > Startup Disk > Boot Windows, I can launch a virtual machine in hyper-V, so that's cool, but I can't see an wifi networks available, so no internet.

If I reboot to Windows directly from Windows (bootcamp options), I connect without pain to any wifi but I cannot launch a vm in Hyper-V anymore (the Windows Phone 8 emulator to be precise). It says hardward virtualization is not enabled in BIOS.

Seems to me it loads either the wifi driver, either the VT-x. Any ideas?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), Windows 8, OS X 10.8

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 7:30 AM

Problem seems to have been solved since last EFI update (2.7 if I remember well) from Apple before Mavericks launch.

Thanks Apple !

5 replies

May 23, 2014 7:54 PM in response to fretman92

Hi, I have a late 2013 macbook pro with mavericks and I can't get by any means the windows phone emulator to work!!

The closest that I came was running windows under Parallels and enabeling virtualization... the emulator starts but it crashes the VM a couple of minutes later, restarting Windows VM....

Any solution for my case?

Jun 11, 2014 12:34 PM in response to fretman92

People I have some good news!!! The problem is in BootCamp!!!!!!

I'm now able to run the Windows Phone emulator on a Windows 8.1 bootcamp!

This is what you have to do.... for everytime you want to use the emulator you must follow this steps:

- Shut computer completly off;

- turn it on and hold the Alt key to boot in MAC OS;

- go to settings, bootcamp and choose Windows, then click restart.

On this session you will be able to run the emulator with no problems!!!! if you turn off your computer and boot automatically to windows the error will appear again!

Hope I helped out some of you!!!

Aug 23, 2014 10:45 PM in response to rickrvo

Good morning,

same problem here. MBP late 2013. I need VM's in Win8.1 for developement stuff and local SQL server.

Direct boot into win - hypervisor not activated.

When i FIRST boot OSX and then restart into Win8.1 everything is working properly.

Please fix this bugged bootcamp/UEFI and give us all cpu features at startup - ASAP. 🙂

Best regards

Sebastian

Windows 8 can either launch vm in hyper-v or connect to wifi networks, but not both. Needs a reboot to switch mode. Any idea?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.