Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Stop Game Center Banner From Popping Up In Games?

Okay, so the Game Center banner keeps popping up when I open the game and it displays achivements I've completed in the game from days ago. The more achivements I complete, the more banners Game Center pops up. It shows it one at a time though. The specific game is Deer Hunter 2014.

Nike+ Sports Kit-OTHER

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 10:41 AM

I am having the same problem. Notifications have all been turned completely off in settings for BOTH game center and "Deer Hunter 2014" game. Banners even set to "none".

I even tried deleting the game from my Game Center games, but it then asks me if I want to uninstall the game from the device, which I do not because I would lose a lot of progress.

BUT THE NOTIFICATIONS KEEP POPPING UP.

This is particularly irritating and obnoxious because it actually covers up critical controls in the game at the top of the screen. As though knowing that "you have achieved *I see you* by killing 100 animals with infrared" is more important to me than actually playing the game. IT'S NOT. I DON'T CARE ABOUT GAME CENTER. IT'S A BAD IPHONE FEATURE. And Apple is way too proud of it and it's cute little colorful bubbles.

Please send help and fix the things you've done.

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2013 10:41 AM in response to braden85

I am having the same problem. Notifications have all been turned completely off in settings for BOTH game center and "Deer Hunter 2014" game. Banners even set to "none".

I even tried deleting the game from my Game Center games, but it then asks me if I want to uninstall the game from the device, which I do not because I would lose a lot of progress.

BUT THE NOTIFICATIONS KEEP POPPING UP.

This is particularly irritating and obnoxious because it actually covers up critical controls in the game at the top of the screen. As though knowing that "you have achieved *I see you* by killing 100 animals with infrared" is more important to me than actually playing the game. IT'S NOT. I DON'T CARE ABOUT GAME CENTER. IT'S A BAD IPHONE FEATURE. And Apple is way too proud of it and it's cute little colorful bubbles.

Please send help and fix the things you've done.

Nov 7, 2013 7:00 AM in response to SouthsideRebels

Yeah it's utter absurdity, these notifications. It makes me want to stop playing the game altogether. And, its so stupid and pointless. Why do I have to know every single time I make a kill with a lung shot that I am in the freaking "Breathless - 10 lung shots" club? Who cares!?! If I wanted to be annoyed like that, I would just tape my eyelids open and watch reruns of "Dharma and Greg". Lock it up, Game Center!

Oct 19, 2013 7:21 AM in response to SouthsideRebels

Hi SouthsideRebels!

It sounds like you may want to turn off the notifications for the Game Center in the notifications options:

Notification Center - iPhone User Guide

http://help.apple.com/iphone/7/#/iph6534c01bc

Set notification options. Go to Settings > Notification Center. Tap an app to set its notification options. You can also tap Edit to arrange the order of app notifications. Touch User uploaded file, then drag it to a new position.

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

How To Stop Game Center Banner From Popping Up In Games?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.