Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth, iSight and Keyboard Backlight not working. Please help!

My Bluetooth stopped working along with my iSight and Keyboard Backlight. I first noticed the weird sign over the bluetooth icon, and it read "Bluetooth not available". I payed no attention to it for a while until I tried to take a picture with Photo Booth and I read "No camera found", for some reason I tried to dim the backlight on the keyboard and a blocked sign appeared under the brightness level, not letting me do anything (Later I was able to use the backlight with the LabTick app). I have tried everything. SMC, PRAM, NVRAM, logging as diferent and new users, booting in safe mode... every solution I have found on the internet has been tested by me. Then I read this about the Hardware Test solution, and surprisingly after performing the Hardware Test no problems were found! So basically my MacBook Pro (mid 2010) is not having any trouble of any sorts with anything. Then why can't I use Bluetooth, iSight or Key backlighting (which only works through LabTick). Given the fact that the hardware test shows no problems I am not comfortable with the idea of taking it to repair. There MUST be something I can actually do to fix these issues.

Does anybody have any idea? I repeat, these are NOT WORKING, NOT FOUND AND NOT AVAILABLE.

- Keyboard Backlight (Only works through LabTick)

- iSight Camera (Not found by any software)

- Bluetooth (No info appears on the system profile, the icon on the menu bar is completely gone)

All three issues happened at the same time, the night before everything was working perfectly fine.

If anyone could help... please!!!

Summary:

MacBook Pro Mid 2010 (http://support.apple.com/kb/SP583) Unibody, can't take out the battery.

Solutions tried:

- Reset SMC: Turning on while holding Shift + Ctrl + Option + Power Button (This makes my MacBook forget about the battery and start up with really loud fan noise, battery icon appears with an X on it, keyboard backlight buttons work, they show brightness level on screen, but the actual light won't work, no bluetooth, no isight)

-Reset PRAM and NVRAM: Turning on while holding Option + CMD + R + P (I have waited for 2 chimes, 3 chimes and 4 chimes at different times, nothing happens. Light, bluetooth and isight are still gone)

-Holding Power Button for 10 seconds, 20 seconds, longer... nothing changes.

-Creating and logging in as new admin user, nothing changes.

-Deleting the bluetooth.plist file and powering off and on again, also rebooting

-Deleting the SystemConfiguration folder, powering off and on again, also rebooting

-Installing "blueutil", didn't help at all, turned it off via terminal with command blueutil off.

-Performing Apple Hardware Test - Shows no erros or problems on any area after one full hour of testing (Performed the extended testing)

-Leaving it powered off overnight

------------------------------------------------------------

Please anyone help meee!! I can't afford going crazy!

Thank you so much in advance!

Alvarock.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Mid 2010 - Unibody

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 6:53 PM

Alvarocka,

Sounds as though you've done a comprehensive troublehooting regimine,if you have you done a permissions repair and a disk verification the next step would be an OSX reinstalan performl from your installation disk, then the next steo would be a trip to the Apple store, as they have more comprhensive tests that they can perform.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2013 6:53 PM in response to Alvarocka

Alvarocka,

Sounds as though you've done a comprehensive troublehooting regimine,if you have you done a permissions repair and a disk verification the next step would be an OSX reinstalan performl from your installation disk, then the next steo would be a trip to the Apple store, as they have more comprhensive tests that they can perform.

Oct 16, 2013 11:27 AM in response to sanjampet

Sanjampet,

thanks for your response and aid.

Today I reparied permissions (also verification) and a disk verification. Nothing helped...

Someone told me that if it was a hardware issue, meaning either the iSight or Bluetooth had possibly gone dead, the Apple Hardware Test should have found errors or issues regarding hardware malfunction. That's why I am still not comfortable with sending it to the store for repair yet. I want that to be my last resource since in my country it's very expensive to repair Apple products.

Thanks again and best regards!

May 28, 2014 12:34 AM in response to Alvarocka

****UPDATE***

Hi guys i got across this forum after searching for bluetooth, front camera and the most ANNOYING no lost keyboard backligth.

After run all the test, procedures, tweeks and, and everything i remenbered that once i sent my MBP to repair at you bring i break, turns out that the little ribbon flex connector coming from the mother board ( from the rigth to left) was loose since the adhesive wich they used shrink do temp changes, anyhow y popped out the glas and found the flex cable totally sticked to the glass pulling out of the pcb board connector, reinstalled it smoothly and that FIXED the camera, bluetooth and keyboard backlight!..

thats it. hope i helped some frustraded owner.

Bluetooth, iSight and Keyboard Backlight not working. Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.