Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 Missed Notifications won't clear in the Missed section of Notification Center

I've litterally tried everything! Anytime I get a missed call it shows up under the missed section of notification center. I then tap it and call the person back but afterwards it still stays in the Missed section of Notification Center, it does not clear after I acknowledged it. This is clearly a bug, but it doesnt happen on other people's iphone (JUST MINE!) I've tried every possibility...I had my phone swapped out, Restored my phone as a NEW iphone and I even created a brand new iCloud email address for my contacts...the only thing i can possibly think is that it has something to do with my apple id or something. because the only time i don't have the issue is when i restore my phone my phone as a NEW iphone and i DONT log onto my apple id then the issue wont occur, but i need my apple id logged in for all my purchases and what not. So im thinking it has something to do with my @icloud.com address. I looked online and saw some other people were having a similar issue, and yes when i restart my phone the missed calls clear, but i should not have to do this every single time i want to get rid of a notificaion. If anyone at Apple is reading this.....PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE. Does anybody out there have a fix?

P.S. I am using a brand new iphone 5s running the newest version of iOS (7.0.2)

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 9:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2017 9:18 AM

With the iPhone 7 iOS 10.3.2 the same issue. The number of missed calls stayed with the phone app icon as wel. I finally got rid of it opening the phone app, missed calls tab, swiped left to remove that missed call.

14 replies

Oct 16, 2013 6:39 AM in response to dlopes06

I have the same issue. It is a bug that apple needs to address. I have realised what causes the problem is that. When you open the Phone app and view the missed calls. This removes the missed calls from the Notification Center "All" tab, but the Missed Call stays in the "Missed" tab. Few quick fixes I have tried is. Clearing the missed calls from Notification Center "All" tab before accesing the Phone app. Then going to the Phone app to call the people back. Also you can clear the Missed Calls from "Misses" tab by going to Settings>Notification Center>Phone then turn OFF then turn ON "Show in Notification Center" Hope this helps.

Apr 26, 2014 10:59 AM in response to dlopes06

I had the same problem today with the notification not going away. I happened to be in the middle of sending a text message when the phone began installing an update. I never did finish that message. When the phone was done updating, the notification was on and wouldn't go away. So what I did was, in Messages, go to the person that I was sending the message to when the update started, tap and hold one of the messages, select More... and then select delete all. This worked for me.

iOS 7 Missed Notifications won't clear in the Missed section of Notification Center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.