Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot complete Windows 7 Install - Mouse/Keyboard not working

Hi all,

I have scoured the Internet and Apple support forums, and I can find no solution to this problem. If anyone can help, I would be eternally grateful.

I have a brand new 27" iMac. When I try to install Windows 7 via Bootcamp, everything appears to work fine, until I get to the first Windows install screen. This is the screen where it asks what language you would like to use, etc. The problem is I can't get past this screen because there is no keyboard or mouse functionality. There is no curser on the screen, and no buttons work.

I have tried the bluetooth set that came with my computer, as well as a separate USB set. I have tried plugging and unplugging the USB while at that screen.

I have tried loading Windows 7 from the DVD and from the ISO on a memory stick. I have downloaded the support software automatically and manually.

I am an experienced Mac user, and I have done everything I can think of, but I am at a loss.

Please help!

Thanks

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 10:00 PM

5 replies

Oct 16, 2013 8:21 PM in response to Barnesy

I have seen a few others now with this problem, but no real solutions.

I contacted apple care, and after running me through the same fixes I had already tried, they suggested that I contact Microsoft. I guess that the thought is that it's an issue with the Windows 7 install program not recognizing the BlueTooth. This doesn't make any sense to me, but I might as well try it.

I will update if I ever discover a solution. Please let me know if you are able to resolve the problem.

Thanks

Cannot complete Windows 7 Install - Mouse/Keyboard not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.