Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

You are attempting to add a new iTunes U collection...

I have tried to open iTunes from my desktop and a box appears that reads "You are attempting to add a new iTunes U collection but iTunes U is disabled. Would you like to enable iTunes U?" No matter if I click 'Yes' 'No' the question remains, and i'm unable to open itunes.

itunes-OTHER

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 10:55 PM

9 replies

Feb 8, 2014 5:02 AM in response to Gator Krinsky

I found this on another site and it worked for me. I can listen to music again!

I just had the same problem and I tinkered my way out of it. This was on a Mac, but the principle should be the same if you are using the Win version.

In the directory where your iTunes content is kept, look for the file "iTunes Music Library.xml". Delete it. It will be recreated when you get iTunes working again.

Now find "iTunes Library.itl" and replace it with a recent copy from a backup.

You will lose any changes made since the backup. Sorry.

Apr 19, 2015 11:22 AM in response to Gator Krinsky

I just got this after upgrading to Yosemite (clean install). After dismissing it rapidly about 20 times (command-period), I got a new message that iTunes had found that the .itl file was corrupted, and it dealt with the problem. Seems fine now, and my iTunes U content is ok. Possibly related, I had deleted several iTunes U titles just before upgrading.

Sep 28, 2016 9:22 PM in response to reeceq

Just to add, my issue was that I updated iTunes and noticed later (unfortunately on a flight) that my music and playlists were all gone from my phone (and iTunes). After searching on how to replace or fix your missing library in your iTunes, I found the following fix:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203225

Then while updating, the iTunes U error message came up. After clicking for what seemed forever. It did work and all of my music and playlists are back! Yay!!!

You are attempting to add a new iTunes U collection...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.