Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wireless charger for Macbook Pro

Hi,

Is there a wireless charger available for Macbook Pro in the market? Please let me if the details if any of you have used one?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 11:10 PM

4 replies

Oct 15, 2013 11:16 PM in response to Chenthil

nope. There isnt one......if one DID EXIST,....it would be dangerous.

One wireless charger was just recently invented (NOT BY APPLE) but only delivers one watt of power, STILL not enough to charge a Pro.

Wireless charging OVER a couple watts is dangerous to human tissue, to the BRAIN.

Dont expect any such thing soon, ....thats like sticking your head in a microwave 😉

Jun 10, 2014 9:25 AM in response to PlotinusVeritas

Plotinus is simply wrong. Overly dramatic emphasis intended. 😝

It totally depends on the type of technology being used to transmit the wireless power.

For example, the most popular originator - that I'm aware of - of wireless power technology simply discovered a way to convert every day radio frequencies into DC power.

That being said, I'm not aware of any pre-built wireless power solution but you could definitely build one using components like this, although I can't give much detail as to how to accomplish that at the moment.

There are also solar power options, apparently. Another form of, respectively, safe wireless power transmission.

wireless charger for Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.