Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound after upgrading to ios 7.2

No sound at all on mi iPad 2 after upgrading to iOS 7.0.2 one week ago.

Already tried all the configuration options.

Please, anybody had the same problem an solution?

Thanks in advance

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 4:58 AM

14 replies

Oct 16, 2013 9:30 AM in response to FatBot79

What about restoring *as new* under iTunes (make a backup first)? Immediately after the restore, check the sound (remember to verify the side switch setting as above). If the sound works, the glitch was likely somewhere in your old settings and if you restored from a backup, it's likely contained within that backup as well. In this case, you'll have to setup the iPad from scratch (assuming the sound works after restoring as new).

Oct 16, 2013 9:38 AM in response to FatBot79

In that case (& being restored as new) with the headphones working, I would expect it to be a hardware fault. One thing to try is to insert the heaphone plug into the jack and remove it (do this multiple times). Also, with the headphones plugged in, try twisting the plug back and forth within the jack. There's an internal switch in the headphone jack that switches the audio output from the speaker to headphones. There's a chance that this switch is either dirty or has failed or the speaker has simply blown (or something related).

If this doesn't work, take the iPad in to a Genius Bar to be evaluated. If it's deemed a hardware fault and you still have a valid warranty, they should swap out your defective device for another.

Oct 16, 2013 9:57 AM in response to eliovicu

I found a Mute in the control center that is not tied to the mute in settings - HUH?

Anyway, my iPad was "mute" so I swiped up to open control center and tapped on the bell icon, a small notice popped up in the center saying "mute off".

Puzzled, since I have the mute set to off in settings. So yet another way to mute the device? Which overrides the other?

Oct 16, 2013 10:26 AM in response to FatBot79

You can easily verify the speaker (assuming you know what actual lines are leading to it's operation) by using a known good audio source like another MP3 device or virtually anything with a lower-level output. If, as you say the headphones are working on the iPad in question, you could even use that as an output to test the speaker as long as you build some sort of connector to get the audio from the iPad's headphone jack to the speaker.

Oct 28, 2013 3:59 PM in response to eliovicu

after updating my ipad3 weeks ago the sound went completely out

ive gone weeks with out sound only works with headphones if

i tap the screen at once with two fingers at the bottom the sound will come back but cut out

its deff not an ipad problem its the software, its ******** i want it fixed i dont use my ipad as much because

theres no sound ! 😠

Nov 21, 2013 3:29 PM in response to eliovicu

Hi there,

I had the same no sound problem on my iPad. so went looking for help on the internet, but unfortunately everyone seemed to be repeating the same answers, which I was a bit annoyed by! So went back and tried the things no one mentioned and luckily I found out the solution..!!

This is what I did and it solve the problem.

Go to :

Settings

Sounds. --->> At the bottom of the page where it said Lock sounds swipe left to turn it off meaning the switch will go left and turn white from green. That is it. Hope this help.

Thanks to everyone tried to help.

No sound after upgrading to ios 7.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.