Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hp driver update keeps showing up in software update

Ive installed this update 2 times went to stand alone installer and its still showing up in software update on my imac, and its not showing up at all onmy macbook pro

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 4:52 AM

22 replies

Oct 16, 2013 6:32 AM in response to mrlou

There have been periodic glitches with Software Update since Lion 10.7. I have an Epson scanner that has an updated driver on the Epson support site. Software Update does not see it and if I download the the driver directly from Epson and install it, the installer says the install was successful, but the driver is still the old version.

Oct 16, 2013 9:32 AM in response to mrsplants

If you are not sure what driver you have, just download the latest HP Drivers (Version 2.16.1) from downloads.apple.com and run the installer.

I can confirm that 2.16.1 do contain newer drivers. If you go to System Preferences -- "Printer & Scan", click on your HP Printer and then click "Options and Supplies", you will see the driver version number. It will likely be different than the version of the HP Dtiver software package (2.16.1).

In my case, the Driver version changed from 19.6 to 19.9 for my HP 2015 printer when I installed the latest HP Drivers version 2.16.1.

Oct 16, 2013 9:39 AM in response to Robert Kennedy

I have an interesting question and I think it may partially be linked to our issue here of the update showing up even though it's already been installed.

When I go to support.apple.com/downloads I see "HP Printer Drivers v2.16.1 for OS X" but when I click on it, it sends me to "HP Printer Drivers v2.14 for OS X". Clicking Download then leads to an error page saying Apple can't find what I am looking for.

I suspect this glitch here carries on into the App Store updates.

Can anyone else confirm this? That at the downloads page you see 2.16.1 but when you click it, (not the small download link), it sends you to v2.14

Hp driver update keeps showing up in software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.