Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated vietmobile remote files app. this app is broken on iOS 5.1.1 I do not have a backup of the previous version of the (paid) app, how can I roll back to the previous version? Is there a repository of previous versions? Am I boned?

I updated vietmobile remote files app. this app is broken on iOS 5.1.1 I do not have a backup of the previous version of the (paid) app, how can I roll back to the previous version? Is there a repository of previous versions? Am I boned?

Seems silly to not allow a rollback from a file repository of previous app versions.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 7:19 AM

5 replies

Oct 16, 2013 11:05 PM in response to King_Penguin

>All apps are tied to the account that downloaded it, so to be able to sync back the previous version you would need to still have your copy of that version

I'm not sure I follow, I have not sync'd the ipad with my computer. I just saw an update in the app store and took it.

I tried to del and install the app from the purchased tab in the app store, that reinstalled v2.1 of the app. This also fails to launch.

I have made two service requests to the developer, no response at this time.

Is there somewhere I can download and install Remote Files version 2 file? I can only find the new version 2.1 in the app store.

Oct 17, 2013 5:17 PM in response to King_Penguin

Should the app developer prevent upgrade of an application if the device does not run an os that supports the new vwersion of the app?

Currently the app store shows the app is compatible with iOS 5 or later. Thsi should be changed and the app should not prompt for an update that breaks the app on the lower OS.

I don't have this kind of trouble on Android. If I fluff an update there at least I can find a repository of previous versions freely available from the developers website.

I'm not sure why but my request for a copy of the previous version of the app has so far been ignored.

I'd imagine I'm not the only iPad 1 user, surely there is a market for this application in it's prevoius form.

Are my requests not reasonable?

Oct 19, 2013 12:47 AM in response to Chesterfield St. Hubbins

If the app's description page says that it supports iOS 5+ and you are on iOS 5+ then it should work - if it doesn't and deleting/reinstalling doesn't fix it then you should contact the developer.

In terms of the previous version of an app, then if you haven't kept a copy of it somewhere then the developer would need to put that old version back into the store so that it can be redownloaded - otherwise it won't be tied to your id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.