Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my Apple ID not recognised with producer?

I have downloaded iTunes producer to upload a book to the iBooks store that I am writing.

However when I open iTunes producer, it says when I try to log in that my registered user ID is not recognised?

Hope someone can help.

I am using

iMac running OSX 10.8.5

8gb Ram 1067 Mhz DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 4850 512

3.06 Ghz intel core 2 duo

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 9:15 PM

A "normal" iTunes Store Apple ID/Account does NOT allow you to upload to the store.

iTunes Producer looks for you registered book sellers ID

Have you actually opened a book sellers account with Apple?

Have you opened an iTunes Connect Account?

If the answers are no... https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebObjects/iTunesConnect.woa/wa/bookSignup

Open the link and click on Get Started > select the free or paid book account and proceed through the sign up process.

Its advisable to use a different username/PW and email for a book sellers account and if you intend to have free and paid books, you will need separate accounts?IDs

You will be asked for your website URL ( address) if you dont have a website... Facebook is a ready answer. Apple sees this as a "Support" contact path.

If you want to sell books, you will also need an EIN number from the US tax

If you have done all this and still have problems, you first need to check and confirm all your details are correct.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2013 9:15 PM in response to milina2000

A "normal" iTunes Store Apple ID/Account does NOT allow you to upload to the store.

iTunes Producer looks for you registered book sellers ID

Have you actually opened a book sellers account with Apple?

Have you opened an iTunes Connect Account?

If the answers are no... https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebObjects/iTunesConnect.woa/wa/bookSignup

Open the link and click on Get Started > select the free or paid book account and proceed through the sign up process.

Its advisable to use a different username/PW and email for a book sellers account and if you intend to have free and paid books, you will need separate accounts?IDs

You will be asked for your website URL ( address) if you dont have a website... Facebook is a ready answer. Apple sees this as a "Support" contact path.

If you want to sell books, you will also need an EIN number from the US tax

If you have done all this and still have problems, you first need to check and confirm all your details are correct.

why is my Apple ID not recognised with producer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.