Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not fully understandin iTunes authorization....

Ok. I understand why, but what happens after my 5 authorizations?

Here is my problem! I just had my computer BSOD 3 times in the past week after a full install of XP! Yes I had to authorize my computer 3 times in the last week. Lucky I found the problem, faulty HD. The weird thing was that I was able to install XP 3 times, get all my programs installed then BSOD all day. Reformat again, re-authorize etc.Finally changed HD and now everthing is fine. But I lost 3 authorizations in a week (2 remain)!

So what I don't understand is does it have to be this way?! It's the same **** computer!!!

Custom, Windows XP Pro, Fast & Lots-0-RAM

Posted on Jul 3, 2006 2:34 AM

3 replies

Jul 3, 2006 2:48 AM in response to wizitunes

Make sure you deauthorize your computer before you upgrade your RAM, hard disk or other system components. If you do not deauthorize your computer before you upgrade these components, one computer may use multiple authorizations. If you find you have reached 5 authorizations due to system upgrades, you can reset your authorization count by clicking Deauthorize All in the Account Information screen. Note: You may only use this feature once per year. The Deauthorize All button will not appear if you have fewer than 5 authorized computers or if you have used this option within the last 12 months.

Hope this is still true?

Not fully understandin iTunes authorization....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.