Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you use an Verizon iphone 4s on At&t

Can you use an iphone 4s that was used on the Verizon network on the AT&T network if you currently have an AT&T plan. What do you all need to do to unlock it and are there hidden fees with that.

iPhone 4, iPhone does not turn on or charge

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 10:34 AM

6 replies

Oct 16, 2013 10:37 AM in response to brettpete87

Won't work. Verizon may unlock the SIM slot for international use, but that is it. Whenever you are within range of Verizon's native CDMA network, that is going to over-ride the GSM radio and only allow connection to the CDMA network.

So even if you get Verizon to unlock the SIM, when in the USA if you try an AT&T SIM-card, it won't work. Within the USA, that phone is never going to connect to anything but Verizon's CDMA network.

Sep 2, 2015 6:48 PM in response to skjen07

skjen07 wrote:

I just switched my Verizon Iphone 4s to AT&T with the following steps.

1. Put in active AT&T sim card

2. Back up Iphone to Itunes

3. Factory reset Iphone from Itunes (During reset, I got a message that said "congratulations your phone is now unlocked", phone then connected to AT&T)

4. Restore data to phone from Itunes (if you want)

In the two years since this thread was last active, Verizon has changed their unlock policy for the 4S. They unlocked them all for domestic use last year.

Can you use an Verizon iphone 4s on At&t

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.