Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use iCloud on Outlook 2013 - able to receive emails but unable to send. Emails automatically kicked out to outbox and stay there in limbo. Contacted MS support - seems to be an Apple issue. Plz help. Thanks!

Hi:

Receiving emails no problem - sending them big problem using Outlook 2013 (both on Windows RT and Outlook 2013 running on Windows 7). Called MS tech support and after tinkering for about an hour - they kicked it back to Apple. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Steve

Windows 7

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 7:39 AM

Hi Steve

I've had similar problems as just installed Outlook 2013 on the laptop and saw your question earlier - hoping for an answer!!

I spoke to Apple and after a lengthy call we managed to get it to work by changing the server settings to the following (which are not the same as those indicated on Apple's own mail server information page...!!):

IMAP (Incoming server):

Server name: p03-imap.mail.me.com

SSL required: Yes

Port: 993

Username: xxxxx@me.com

Password: use the password for the above email address

SMTP(Outgoing server):

Server name: p03-smtp.mail.me.com

Use TLS instead of SSL

Port: 587

SMTP Authentication required: Yes

I did get a pop-up box asking for password again on one occasion after I removed the iCloud email account and then added it back in but it seems to be working OK now - joy!!

Cheers

Sue

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2013 7:39 AM in response to eschargo

Hi Steve

I've had similar problems as just installed Outlook 2013 on the laptop and saw your question earlier - hoping for an answer!!

I spoke to Apple and after a lengthy call we managed to get it to work by changing the server settings to the following (which are not the same as those indicated on Apple's own mail server information page...!!):

IMAP (Incoming server):

Server name: p03-imap.mail.me.com

SSL required: Yes

Port: 993

SMTP(Outgoing server):

Server name: p03-smtp.mail.me.com

Use TLS instead of SSL

Port: 587

SMTP Authentication required: Yes

I did get a pop-up box asking for password again on one occasion after I removed the iCloud email account and then added it back in but it seems to be working OK now - joy!!

Cheers

Sue

Sep 28, 2015 8:11 PM in response to susiemsussex

I had a similar problem and was about to go mad and cancel everything to do with my icloud email accounts after I updated to Windows 10 version as of 9-28-2015. While the incoming email was working fine, I removed the prefix "p06-" from both the imap and smpt servers and like magic the outgoing server worked properly. As far as all of the other settings, I would check those in case they are incorrect. My error message was "Sending report error (0x800CCC92). Good luck!

Use iCloud on Outlook 2013 - able to receive emails but unable to send. Emails automatically kicked out to outbox and stay there in limbo. Contacted MS support - seems to be an Apple issue. Plz help. Thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.