Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay - Airplay Mirroring - Apple TV / iPhone 5

Dear community;

I hope all's well with you.

I would greatly appreciate your help with this as I have tried all options but I am still unable to get the desired result.

I am using a MacBook Air (OS X 10.8.5), an iPhone 5 (iOS 7.0.2) and an Apple TV (software 6.0).

All of them are working on the same WiFI network. All of them have the most updated softwares.

AirPlay is "ON" for the Apple TV.

AirPlay Mirroring is saying "No devices detected"

iPhone: I am unable to see the AirPlayin the command center.

I tried everything. Rebooting the systems and the router. Everything. Yet, the same problem remains.

Any advise?

Thanks.

H

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 2:38 PM

Welcome to the Apple community.

It sounds as though your router is blocking access for AirPlay.

As with most router issues, I would recommend that you contact your ISP with details of your problem (assuming that it was your ISP that provided it to you).

There are simply too many manufacturers with different software features and settings and often different names for such features and settings, that the best advice will likely come from those that are knowledgeable about your particular router.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2013 2:38 PM in response to hussdajani

Welcome to the Apple community.

It sounds as though your router is blocking access for AirPlay.

As with most router issues, I would recommend that you contact your ISP with details of your problem (assuming that it was your ISP that provided it to you).

There are simply too many manufacturers with different software features and settings and often different names for such features and settings, that the best advice will likely come from those that are knowledgeable about your particular router.

Oct 16, 2013 2:57 PM in response to hussdajani

Unfortunately not, do you have a manual or do they have online forums you can ask at.

A frequent cause of consistent failure to enable AirPlay or HomeSharing at all, is the service being blocked on the network. Make sure your network isn't hidden, has a unique name, that MAC address authentication is disabled, security is set to use WPA 2 Personal and that there is only one router/device acting as a DHCP server and providing NAT services.

Make sure your router/computer allows access over the following ports

Port

Type

Protocol

Used By

TCP/UDP

DNS

DNS

TCP

HTTP

AirPlay, iTunes Store

TCP/UDP

NTP

Network Time

TCP

HTTPS

AirPlay, PhotoStream, iTunes Store

TCP/UDP

RTSP

AirPlay

UDP

SSDP

Bonjour

TCP

DAAP

iTunes, AirPlay, HomeSharing

TCP

-

Bonjour

TCP/UDP

-

Bonjour

UDP

NAT

Bonjour

UDP

NAT

Bonjour

TCP/UDP

MDNS

Bonjour, AirPlay, HomeSharing

8000-8999

TCP

-

iTunes Radio Streams

42000-42999

TCP

-

iTunes Radio Streams

UDP

MDNS (Win)

Bonjour, AirPlay

UDP

MDNS (Win)

Bonjour, AirPlay

Refer to your router manual/manufacturer for any settings that are specific to that model.

Another frequent cause of consistent failure to enable AirPlay or HomeSharing at all, is security software, in many cases configuring it correctly, disabling it or even uninstalling it can help, but in some cases the security software can cause problems that simply reconfiguring, disabling or uninstalling cannot reverse.

If you are consistently unable to activate AirPlay, have tried all the steps in this article and have security software installed on your system, you might benefit from contacting its provider or participating in any online forums they run to discuss the matter with them.

AirPlay - Airplay Mirroring - Apple TV / iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.