Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad is taking forever to download anything since I got the new iOS7. How do I fix this?

It's taking at least an hour to download any app or tv episode. It never used to take this long until it recently updated my iPad. I'm using the exact same internet connection I did before. What can I do to speed up my downloads? I'm getting very frustrated. This is on my IPad2

iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 4:45 PM

I've had the same issue with my iPad 4 (see my earlier discussion). One person suggested resetting the network but since I've used the device on three different networks and the download speeds were incredibly slow on all of them, this doesn't seem to be the answer.

5 replies

Oct 16, 2013 4:44 PM in response to Cindyb311

Has the unit EVER been jailbroke? Has it EVER been dropped? Did it EVER get excessively wet? Did you EVER load a pirated developer's version of the IOS?

If "No" to all the above, first try a system reset. It cures many ills and it's quick, easy and harmless...

Hold down the on/off switch and the Home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it appears. You will not lose any apps, data, music, movies, settings, etc.

If the Reset doesn't work, try a Restore. Note that it's nowhere near as quick as a Reset. It could take well over an hour! Connect via cable to the computer that you use for sync. From iTunes, select the iPad/iPod and then select the Summary tab. Follow the on-screen directions for Restore and be sure to say "yes" to the backup. You will be warned that all data (apps, music, movies, etc.) will be erased but, as the Restore finishes, you will be asked if you wish the contents of the backup to be copied to the iPad/iPod. Again, say "yes."

At the end of the basic Restore, you will be asked if you wish to sync the iPad/iPod. As before, say "yes." Note that that sync selection will disappear and the Restore will end if you do not respond within a reasonable time. If that happens, only the apps that are part of the IOS will appear on your device. Corrective action is simple - choose manual "Sync" from the bottom right of iTunes.

If you're unable to do the Restore and you have IOS-6 or lower, go into Recovery Mode per the instructions here. Also, if you have IOS-7, read this.

My iPad is taking forever to download anything since I got the new iOS7. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.