Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What Breaks iPhoto - Comm-Op-Deleting Video From Video Play View

So I've been suffering through iPhoto since it came out. I say "suffering" because it frequently crashes, behaves poorly, uses 95% of one CPU, and corrupts its library. Version after version, from 1 through 11, it's been having issues. It totally corrupted my wife's library on two occasions (luckily after many weeks of work each time, we were able to recover it), and mine as well.

After using iPhoto Library Manager to recreate my wife's library, she stopped having issues (iPhoto's "rebuild" option didn't do the trick). After my corruption got particularly bad, I did the same with mine. It took about 3 days to rebuild, and though it still uses 50-95% of one CPU all the time, I noticed something that was working correctly again.

One of the many problems was that when I rotated a photo from what I'll call the "many photo" view, the photo would disappear completely for about 2 seconds before reappearing rotated. Then, often times clicking it would show the rotated image in the wrong dimensions or such for the first few attempts before sorting itself out about 5-6 seconds later. After rebuilding the library from scratch, this problem disappeared! If you rotate an image from the "many photo" view, it instantly rotated - no disappearing and reappearing.

It also took up 45GB less size after rebuilding.

So everything was great for like 3 days, and then I was watching a video I didn't want to keep in "single photo" view, and so I hit command-option-delete to remove it from my library. It gave me the ERROR BEEP and didn't remove the video. At the top it says 0 of 460. I went to "multiple photo" view and deleted it in the same way there, and it deleted it this time, BUT the rotation issue started up and has stayed with it since.

So that might just be the source of the recurring corruption in the iPhoto Library. I post this in a vain attempt to get the word out to an Apple programmer to finally fix this (and other) eternal iPhoto bugs.

And yes, I've tried all the command-option-launch iPhoto utilities. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this without recreating my library each time with iPhoto Library Manager, I'd be happy to hear it.

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 4:30 PM

1 reply

Oct 16, 2013 4:57 PM in response to Hungering Death

So that might just be the source of the recurring corruption in the iPhoto Library. I post this in a vain attempt to get the word out to an Apple programmer to finally fix this (and other) eternal iPhoto bugs.

this accomplishes nothing since this is streictlhy a user to user volenteer forum as described in the TOU - it is NOT a place Apple monitors for bug reports - to report to Apple iPhoto menu ==> provide iPhoto feedback

2 -

I've been suffering through iPhoto since it came out.

The soluiton to this is to fix the iPhoto library and lear how to use iPhoto correctly or to use a different program that you do like - use of iPhoto is not madated

LN

What Breaks iPhoto - Comm-Op-Deleting Video From Video Play View

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.