Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod is disabled but it wont connect to itunes

i tried connecting it to itunes but it wont recognize it , it wont say anything. I have the ipod touch 5 gen . I tried the find my iphone erase thing but it only erases everything when it connects to internet but obviously its not cuz its disabled. Somebody please help itunes is updated and everything! thanks xx

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2014 12:55 PM

1. Disconnect all cables from your device.
  2. Turn off your device.
  3. Press and hold the Home button. While holding the Home button, connect your device to iTunes. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  5. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
  6. Click OK, then restore the device.

Hope this helped!

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2014 12:55 PM in response to lllaass

2. Turn off your device.
  3. Press and hold the Home button. While holding the Home button, connect your device to iTunes. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on.

Hope this helped!

Oct 17, 2013 6:28 AM in response to Jeneah

Disabled

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Wrong passcode results in red disabled screen

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

If still problem, what happens or does not happens and in which steps?

Aug 10, 2014 1:00 PM in response to luciashiner

luciashiner did you notice that the post is almost a year old and you provided no new information. For info, mot original posters never mark their post as solved

luciashiner wrote:

2. Turn off your device.

Hope this helped!

my ipod is disabled but it wont connect to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.