Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Simple Fix: missing or incorrect iTunes Match artwork on iOS device

Hello, I have had the common problem of iTunes Match missing or having incorrect artwork on my iOS devise, although iTunes on my iMac has all the correct artwork. After researching for a fix I came across some elaborate methods that ultimately did not work as I had wished. I then noticed that when I deleted a song from iTunes which was missing the artwork on my iOS devise, but had artwork on iTunes, it also had no artwork on the file icon while it sat in the trash. I then re-added the song back to iTunes and sure enough it displayed the correct artwork. I then thought of an idea... Re-add the same artwork to the song. Sure enough the artwork then displayed correctly on my iOS device. Needless to say all of my albums now look awesome on my all my iOS devises including my Apple TV. Here are the steps to re-add and as a result re-upload the artwork to iTunes Match.

1) Identify the songs or albums with missing or incorrect artwork on your iOS devise.

2) If iTunes has the correct artwork, get info on the song and go to the artwork tab. NOTE: If artwork is missing or incorrect download the correct artwork from iTunes, by having the song's name + album + artist match iTunes Store info, or other source.

3) Then click on the artwork image attached to the song and drag it to the desktop.

4) On the artwork tab now click ADD, select the artwork file you dragged to the desktop, and click ok.

TIP: If you need to add the artwork to an entire album get info on the album and you can add the artwork to all the songs at once.

5) Continue for all your required songs or albums... If none other then you are done!!!

Sometimes I have noticed that the updated artwork updates automatically within a few seconds on my iPhone5, iPad 3 is a little slower, without any further action. If the artwork does not update within a reasonable amount of time do the following to help it out.

1) Select Update iTunes Match on iTunes.

2) Close out and reopen the music app on your iOS devise.

There you go.....

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 5:34 PM

2 replies

Simple Fix: missing or incorrect iTunes Match artwork on iOS device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.