Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to delete all music on my iphone 4s. Some of the music as the icloud symbol next to it. How do I delete that alos

I am trying to delete all music on my iphone 4s. some of the music as the icloud symbol next to it. How do I delete that as well.

iPhone 4

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 5:39 PM

11 replies

Nov 9, 2013 3:49 PM in response to dcapaldi2001

Yes there is reason to delete songs from icloud. And it's driving me nuts that I can't figure out how to do it. I have 5 GB of space on iCloud. My songs take up 4.3GB of that space. So now I can't back up the rest of my phone on iCloud and it's telling me to "delete data" or "buy more space". I don't want to buy more space. I've deleted all the music from my iphone5 and still the 4.2GB remains in my iCloud of music. How do I get rid of the icloud music? HELP!

Nov 9, 2013 5:36 PM in response to bennetbo

Music purchased via iTunes takes up no space in iCloud.

iCloud storage and backup overview

Storage upgrades and downgrades

From the above article:

When you sign up for iCloud, you automatically get 5 GB of free storage for Backup, Documents, and Mail. Your purchased music, movies, apps, books, TV shows, as well as your photo streams, don’t count against your free storage.

Nov 10, 2013 4:33 AM in response to dcapaldi2001

OK. So when I have some songs on iCloud I dislike and most I like (due to bad purchases), you are telling me I'm stuck to listening to the songs I dislike when choosing shuffle? It's as if no one uses these devices in real world scenarios. Here's my issue: I listen to all my songs almost everyday in shuffle mode for hours on end. Most of my songs are on the device and some are on the cloud. Now if I'm connected to Wi-Fi (which I always am) shuffle mode will choose even the iCloud songs. Unfortunately it sounds like if I turn off iCloud "music", the songs I like will be removed from the library as well as the songs I dislike. So to rephrase dcap's question. How do you remove songs you DISLIKE from the iCloud that you are forced to listen to in shuffle mode? Oh and another thing. If you are connected to wi-fi and for some reason the connection goes in and out. Which is not uncommon in hotspots (like poker rooms), and it happens to be trying to stream a song from the iCloud. You're S&^T ouf of luck and the music player freezes. You have to close it, wait a minute, and re-open. BTW.

Jan 21, 2014 5:53 PM in response to diesel vdub

Thanks a bunch Diesel!

FYI: The main reason iCloud and purchased music annoys people is because of free music -particularly from Starbucks. When you use those free music postcards you are making a purchase on iTunes for $0. Sometimes you find an interesting artist you didn't know about; sometimes you download junk.
That stuff hangs out as iCloud storage and sometimes as music on the iPhone. Nothing is more annoying than Bill Engval showing up as an artist in my phone.

I am trying to delete all music on my iphone 4s. Some of the music as the icloud symbol next to it. How do I delete that alos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.