Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't upload my '08 keynote presentations to my iPad 2 '09.

I have multiple talks that I've made using my MacBook 2006 running snow leopards and keynote '08. I would like to have my presentations on my iPad 2 for several reasons - it's easier to carry around my iPad 2 and the talks are more accessible on the iPad; they open more quickly.

I've connected my iPad to my MacBook and added the talks under apps successfully, but when I go to the iPad Keynote app to copy the presentation from iTunes, it starts to download, but then I get a message stating that only presentations saved in iWork '09 can be imported. Now here's the rub. I decide to update keynote '08 on my MacBook to '09 by going to the App Store, but when I try to purchase the new app, I get a message stating that keynote '09 is only compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 aka lion. Ok. I go to download lion, which I learn has been updated to mountain lion (I know I'm a little behind, but I really use my iPad 2 more now), so I go to download mountain lion, but I get a message that it's not compatible with my MacBook. It's compatible with MacBooks made post 2007. So, I've actually been contemplating buying a new MacBook, but as mentioned, I really want to use my iPad more. The main reason to buy a new MacBook would be to be able to use keynote '09 so I can save my keynote '08 talks in keynote '09 so I can get it onto my iPad 2, which would then negate the need for a MacBook. WHAT SHOULD I DO!

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 7:48 PM

1 reply

Can't upload my '08 keynote presentations to my iPad 2 '09.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.