Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multicam angle viewer frozen during edit

I'm just starting to edit a three-camera interview with FCPX's otherwise elegent multi-cam edit feature. However as I play the multi-clip in the timeline, the cuts are being effected properly via keystroke, as they should, however the clips in the angle viewer are frozen in place forcing me to guess at where to make the cuts as the timeline runs. I can scrub through the multiclip in the media browser and it moves the three angles then. But they stand still when I try to edit.

I've restarted FCP. I've restarted the computer. I've zapped the PRAM. I've repaired permissions multiple times. I've trashed permissions. I even changed the clip to proxy media. Nothing's working. What up here?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 7:36 PM

13 replies

Oct 17, 2013 4:30 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

There's an understatement! Yeah I've already cleared off a coupla hundred gigs. Found some massive redundancies. Rearranged others.

So I can't just move the discrete FInal Cut Projects folder over to another drive? There are no other projects in that folder besides this one in question. I've never noticed a menu item for such a manuever.

Oct 18, 2013 4:46 PM in response to Russ H

Wow...discussions are finally back! That took a while...

...anyway...I'm sorry. I may have misled with that "This solved my question" but Mr. Wolsky must surely have helped plenty of people without receiving credit so let's just give him this one.

What I meant by that was that it answered my question about migrating a project from one drive to another without messing with my event. (boy I hate this terminology. If anything shouldn't Projects be called Events and vice versa? I think so. Regardless, they're dumb labels) I guess I should have rated it "This helped me."

But no, the freeze has NOT thawed. Even switching to Proxy media did not do the trick. I don't know that the full disc issue ever was in question in this regard anyway; it was just to darn full for any operational purposes. But I also had to move the projects as they were on my system disc. (or, more accurately, a partition thereof) And that didn't help the freeze either.

So I'm still editing blind, sort of. Fortunately it's just an interview. It's easy enough to do it without the footage being viewable in the angles viewer. If it were anything else it would be a much bigger problem, so I hope I can get this fixed soon.

Multicam angle viewer frozen during edit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.