Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP Early 2011 AirPort Connection issues?

I have a Early 2011 MacBook Pro 2.3Ghz notebook. For a long time (pretty much since I had it) I randomly get kicked offline. It seems to happen most often when I am watching videos. I have other devices (iPhone 4s, iPod Touch 5th gen, PS3, 2 XBox 360s, Nintendo Wii U, Smart TV, a Dell PC, and an HTC Cell phone that don't drop the signal at all [I don't have all these running simultaneously. I am just saying what I have]) and they never drop the signal to the wifi. My MBP literally disconnects from the network. I have went through the settings on my wifi router (Arris TG862G [Time Warner Cable]), and nothing is odd there in the settings. Also seeing that the iPhone, and iPod are Unix based like the MBP it's clear it isn't the router not being compatible. I assume there has to be something I can do to alleviate this issue. I had it disconnect about 10 times in the past hour alone. I am about to toss this MBP out the window [Not literally]. Please give me some ideas, or help if you know where to start.

AirPort Card: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0xD6)

Firmware version for AirPort: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.106.98.100.17)

Current Network Information:

PHY Mode: 802.11n
BSSID: 5c:57:1a:ef:e5:40
Channel: 11
Country Code: US
Network Type: Infrastructure
Security: WPA2 Personal
Signal / Noise: -63 dBm / -89 dBm
Transmit Rate: 145
MCS Index: 15

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Early 2011 15" i7 2.3Ghz 8Gb of Ram

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 8:51 PM

There are no replies.

MBP Early 2011 AirPort Connection issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.