Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My battery on my macbook pro all of a sudden keeps using the battery power really quickly, so I am having to rechareg it constantly. Does anyone know why this occurs or how to fix it. I have used all the energy saving tips.

Hi My battery on my macbook pro keeps running low on power very quickly and I have to keep recharging it. This has never happened before. I have used all the power saver options, but it keeps happening. Can anyone help. The battery seems to be losing power even when it is turned off.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 9:42 PM

Hi BigThinker,

How old is your Mac? If it is an older one, then the battery may just be dying. You can check by clicking on the Apple in the upper left-hand corner, then clicking on About This Mac>More Info>System Report, then click on Power (about half way down the list). At the top of the resulting display, you should see the following type of info:

User uploaded file

The Health Information will tell you if your battery is going to need replacement soon. If it says Normal, then it is not the battery.

Cheers,

GB

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2013 9:42 PM in response to BigThinker

Hi BigThinker,

How old is your Mac? If it is an older one, then the battery may just be dying. You can check by clicking on the Apple in the upper left-hand corner, then clicking on About This Mac>More Info>System Report, then click on Power (about half way down the list). At the top of the resulting display, you should see the following type of info:

User uploaded file

The Health Information will tell you if your battery is going to need replacement soon. If it says Normal, then it is not the battery.

Cheers,

GB

My battery on my macbook pro all of a sudden keeps using the battery power really quickly, so I am having to rechareg it constantly. Does anyone know why this occurs or how to fix it. I have used all the energy saving tips.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.