Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i tunes could not connect to the i tunes store. An unknown error occurred (0x80092013)

I have tried completely removing all itunes software and reinstalling, this didn’t work I tried turning on and off my anti virus/firewall, I have tried resetting winsock and restarting pc this didn’t work, I have tried using auto runs to see if there was any conflicting products but only bonjour showed, I have checked the tech specs and meet the minimum requirements, I have the latest version of I tunes, I am able to access secure websites, I have checked proxy settings, ive tried removing pop up blocker, and flushed dns, I have run diagnostics which are below, I also cannot log into the icloud control panel as it says there was a server error, please please please help.
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)
Hewlett-Packard Compaq Presario CQ60 Notebook PC
iTunes 11.1.1.11
QuickTime 7.7.4
FairPlay 2.5.16
Apple Application Support 2.3.6
iPod Updater Library 11.1f5
CD Driver 2.2.3.0
CD Driver DLL 2.1.3.1
Apple Mobile Device 7.0.0.117
Apple Mobile Device Driver not found.
Bonjour 3.0.0.10 (333.10)
Gracenote SDK 1.9.6.502
Gracenote MusicID 1.9.6.115
Gracenote Submit 1.9.6.143
Gracenote DSP 1.9.6.45
iTunes Serial Number 0018C0B009E27FC0
Current user is not an administrator.
The current local date and time is 2013-10-17 08:03:02.
iTunes is not running in safe mode.
WebKit accelerated compositing is enabled.
HDCP is not supported.
Core Media is supported.
Video Display Information
NVIDIA, NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
**** External Plug-ins Information ****
No external plug-ins installed.
Genius ID: a8bd6d04c3353d8c18407a83d42a1127
**** Network Connectivity Tests ****
Network Adapter Information
Adapter Name: {835EADBF-AAC5-426C-B52E-7BA09DDE4AE9}
Description: NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Networking Controller
IP Address: 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0
Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0
DHCP Enabled: Yes
DHCP Server:
Lease Obtained: Thu Jan 01 00:00:00 1970
Lease Expires: Thu Jan 01 00:00:00 1970
DNS Servers:
Adapter Name: {EF8B8266-4C36-4361-A71E-E2E18B282F8F}
Description: Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter
IP Address: 192.168.0.5
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DHCP Enabled: Yes
DHCP Server: 192.168.0.1
Lease Obtained: Thu Oct 17 07:46:22 2013
Lease Expires: Fri Oct 18 07:46:22 2013
DNS Servers: 192.168.0.1
Active Connection: LAN Connection
Connected: Yes
Online: Yes
Using Modem: No
Using LAN: Yes
Using Proxy: No
Firewall Information
Windows Firewall is off.
Connection attempt to Apple web site was successful.
Basic

Windows Vista

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 12:17 AM

17 replies

Oct 19, 2013 10:55 PM in response to alh28

Can you try the following

If like me you have concluded that this is not a connectivity issue.

In my case it is a problem with Webkit2 and they way it handles SSL certificates.

To test if this is the case install Safari for windows 5.1.7(if not already installed) and try to access a secure site, like facebook or your banking, if you receive a certificate dialog box saying

"Safari can't verify the identity of the website"

If you hit "Continue" and the page loads but does not render correctly ........

Then try using another browser (IE/FF/Chrome) and see if you are able to access the site without prompts and the page renders correctly.

From Safari 4.04 onwards (as well as iTunes) it uses the windows root certificate store, to test uninstall Safari 5.1.7 and go back as far as Safar 3.2.3 (oldapps.com) and then try to access a secure site, if it renders correctly (back then Safari handled it's own certificates) you have the same problem as me

If you also look in the logs for itunes when you're accessing (attempting) the store if you find a reference to webkit2 and certificates that should further help clarify the problem. btw - don't bother with windows root certificate updates if your other browsers work ok

Oct 20, 2013 12:22 AM in response to davwatto

Hi davwatto thanks for taking the time to reply.

ok, so tried to open my safari which was version 5.1.7 and i received the error message:

safari can't connect to the server

safari can't open the page http://www.apple.com/startpage/ because safari can't connect to the server www.apple.com

The same error occurred with whatever site I tried to access, so I uninstalled Safari, then reinstalled version 3.2.3 and this time I got the error message:

The same error message occurred with any website I tried to access. I am able to access all websites including banking etc on IE and firefox.

Safari can’t open the page.

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.apple.com/startpage/”. The error was: “unknown error” (kCFErrorDomainWinSock:10013) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Help menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

Not sure how to check the logs for itunes though

If you have any idea how to fix this issue that would be great as im at a total loss.

Thanks

Oct 20, 2013 10:53 PM in response to alh28

Hi alh28,

Your problem seems to be a bit more systemic as I'm able to get out to the web via Safari, I just can't load any pages on secure sites

That said I've noted above that your firewall is off, do you run any other thrid party software firewalls on your machine, norton, trend, etc? If so your problem might be that it needs an exemption in place for safari/itunes

You'll find the logs for apple products under

C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs

Note - you might need to show hidden folders in explorer

I doubt the logs will give much away other than it can't connect but best to see what it's reporting

The itunes store and safari reply upon "Apple application support/Webkit2" for getting to the web so it might be better to try temporarily disabling any AV/FW software and trying itunes/safari before adding exemptions that way you know you'll be on the right track

Best of luck

Oct 23, 2013 1:18 PM in response to davwatto

eee i could cry im that sick of this error.

I use a third party software which is norton and i have tried uninstalling it and trying again, same error, i have then turned it on and off and added itunes as an exception and still same error :'-(

Don't have a clue at what else i could try, ages ago i had an error with my norton and they connected to my pc to fix it, i can't be 100% but im sure this is when i started having the problem, don't know what they could have done though to cause this.

Fed up....

Feb 25, 2014 5:49 PM in response to alh28

I am having the same issue.. I have tried several other "fixes" on this site... proxy server, ie does not have one set, registry cleaners, and my time is accurate... I have updated iTunes, re-downloaded it and re-installed it..

Still I get this error, iTunes can't seem to detect my internect connection. I can't update iTunes apps, therefor not back my phone up properly, therfor update my phone...

May 10, 2014 9:29 PM in response to Xiek

I don't know if you had this Itunes problem fixed,,, I had the same problem since last year and didn't care to spend loads of time or money tying to fix it.... because someone gave me a gift card, today I finally sat down and solved the problem with a free program :

windows repair all in one by - Tweaking .com

I read about this program from someone either on this site or maybe an apple blog.... but I gave it a try, and it worked ! The problem must be in the registry.. I have windows 7...

Oh,,, I guess I will donate some money since this program fix somehow the Itunes 0x80092013 problem.

cudos to Tweaking.com

i tunes could not connect to the i tunes store. An unknown error occurred (0x80092013)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.