Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't receive messages to @mac.com

Many years ago I create my Apple ID to ale** @mac.com domain. And long time do not use this account for email messages.

For now I use ale** @icloud.com for sending and receiving email messages.

The problem is ale** @mac.com is not worked but still it's a Primary Email Address for my Apple ID.

I tried to access to the iOS Developer account. Paid $99 but can't work with Certificates. All my messages to your Support team fails - I not received any answers.

PLEASE HELP ME! How I can change Primary Email Address or make this email address work properly?

I think support team respond to ale** @mac.com email address that is not worked:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

ale** @mac.com

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain mac.com by mx3.mac.com.akadns.net. [17.158.8.50].

The error that the other server returned was:

550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: ale** @mac.com

<Email Edited by Host>

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 2:13 AM

15 replies

Nov 27, 2013 6:33 AM in response to judysings

hello,

i'm here cause i have the same problem but i can't change the primary email address cause there's no "edit "button aside of this line. the only address i could changed are the secondary email adress. is that normal ? could you please help me ? i can't received my itunes bills or news cause my apple id is a mac.com address, and it's not normal. and i had called the apple store france for help and the guy had turned off the call when he had realized that he wasn't able to manage the problem so i'm very disappointed and furious, 1 hour of assistance call and puff nothing.

please help me and contact me at this other adress so i could have your reply : cha571@icloud.com

thanks

Mar 11, 2014 8:41 AM in response to ADederer

Greetings;

I have has tha j***@mac.com E-mail for quite a while and I really don't understand why Apple cannot filter this so that we can get our E-mails, also you can't edit them either.

Can a developer from apple or a tech solve this issue, is only a matter of filtering that is all, so that we may received our E-mail those of us who are using @mac.com.

Thank you.

Apr 25, 2014 8:20 AM in response to ADederer

Same problem and Im frustrated beyond belief. My apple account keeps saying it needs to verify my email address so I can login so its sent a verify to the mac.com address, well thats great Apple but I cant access that email account anymore because you closed it!

Seriously, I have been using macs since the Apple IIe and lately its just as frustrating, irritating as that other big computer maker and dont even think about getting good customer service from Apple anymore.

Mar 16, 2015 7:23 PM in response to ADederer

+1 Same or similar problem here.

Couple observations:

1. Email seems to be bounced by _some_ Google servers only. I'm receiving email at my ...@mac.com email address just fine from other services, no problem, including some gmail / google apps based addresses.

2. The error message in the bounce replies I've gotten from my friends is slightly different than the one OP received:

Technical details of temporary failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain mac.com by mx2.mail.icloud.com. [17.172.34.11].

The error that the other server returned was:

451 4.5.3 Too many rejections; try again later.

Looking forward to an answer on why this is happening.

Jun 24, 2015 4:31 PM in response to ADederer

I've been trying to figure out this issue ever since me.com was introduced. I've read thousands of articles and forums and posts, none of them solved this issue. Which disappointed and frustrated me was Apple they must have noticed this issue that there're hundreds of thousands if not millions users are complaining, but Apple didn't do anything to fix it, even their support team didn't want to handle this issue either.

Doesn't Apple know how difficult and frustrated to change a primary email address? They just don't care! For being an Apple user for many years, I'm so disappointed.

Sep 24, 2015 12:48 PM in response to judysings

Beside the fact that I WAS PROUD to have a 'Mac.com' e-mail address not so ridicoloulsly anonim as 'me.com' (and we could open a huge topic about this silly decision to discontinue this domain), my question is: WHERE ARE GOING the mails sent to this account, largely spreaded around to all my suppliers, clients and friends also as ADVERTISING to benefit Apple and underline that I was (and am!) a MacINTOSH(!!!!) user????
Is it possible that this simple question stays not answered by this……… SUPPORT of Apple???

Oct 21, 2015 11:09 AM in response to GianMarco Tavazzani

I have same problem and phone apple support, they have spent 3 hours but nothing sorted. Now I can't purchase anything as my id does not work on apple store and I can't reset it as I am not able to receive emails on mac.com email. Is apple simply hate there loyal customer . I have 3 apple devices and now stuck . I have this ID from last 8 years. Do they hate there loyal customer.

I have asked support team if there is a way to transfer my purchases to different ID , which they said no. So how i can use my apple id , They can't do anything. I have ask support team if they can send me solution by writing to me (email) that they can't do anything. She refused to email. Apple used to be name we can trust now its a name which can frustrate you lot and no help. Time to think of switching to something better?

Dec 7, 2016 10:41 AM in response to ADederer

same problem here.

4th time with Apple support in Greece. No luck so far.

dont want to delete or migrate to a new account as all my mac life is associated with this account.

@mac.com account is dead.

i try to sign in with my @icloud.com credential , but the system (?) turns my ID to @mac.com!!! automatically.

friends get error message when mail me and calendars doesnt work as its associated with the @mac.com account.

Can't receive messages to @mac.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.