Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hey, have upgraded to snow leopard. apple says i can go as high as lion. want to partition hard drive, restrict lion to online browser and what it affects (such as flash) only.

hey, i'm using a white (it's relevant) macbook early 2008. have upgraded to snow leopard. apple says i can't go to mountain lion, but can only go as high as lion. not sure i want to commit to lion. i want to partition hard drive, restrict lion to online browsing.

i would close it and use snow leopard for itunes and for all offline applications.

if i download lion, even if i carve out a limited space for it in 'partition' (googled instructions and it looks very simple using system profiler), won't it just automatically attach itself to itunes and to all other applications and update them to be used on lion (disabling them from use on snow leopard?)

please, no technical answers without explaining terms.

thank you,

al.

MacBook (13-inch Early 2008)

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 3:19 AM

There are no replies.

hey, have upgraded to snow leopard. apple says i can go as high as lion. want to partition hard drive, restrict lion to online browser and what it affects (such as flash) only.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.