Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDMI output not working.

I have a 2008 3.1 Mac Pro running an ATI Radeon HD5770 graphics card. I am also using a windows partition. Up until today the HDMI out has been working perfectly and I've had dual monitors set up (one HDMI one VGA). However today I removed the HD cable whilst the computer was still switched on and also had to do a forced shut down by holding the power button. When I rebooted all I got was static from the HDMI out.

Windows Partition (At the moment it is more important that I get this partition working than the mac one).....

I rebooted and the computer shows the windows loading screen fine, however when it gets to the desktop all i get is static (the VGA monitor still works fine). I've tried reinstalling the graphics card drivers and this did nothing to help. I've also tried different HD cables.

Mac partition.....

When I boot to my mac partition I get no video out at all if the HDMI cable is connected. However if I bood without the cable HD cable connected it loads as normal through the VGA monitor.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Mac Pro

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 9:01 AM

Sounds like you may have damaged the port you have running HDMI. It might be the cable but I doubt it.

I run HDMI from the DVI port on my 5770 (since the mini displayports are both in use) using an inexpensive DVI-to-HDMI cable. You might try that.

1 reply

HDMI output not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.