Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No text showing in Pages '09

The text is there apparently - but I can't see it. No matter what I try, it does not show any text in the document. It's like, the same colour as the background - even though I set it to a dark colour, what ever.

I just installed this brand new - and it doesn't work already?

How can I fix it ?

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 6:40 AM

15 replies

Oct 17, 2013 9:24 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Reply to all actually.

Macbook etc etc

OSX 10.8.5 Mountain Lion and, in addition, same behaviour on OSX 10.9 Mavericks Pre Release on antoher machine.

Clean installs. Virtually nothing else installed. on either.

Pages, '09. v4.3. Downloaded fresh today from the App Store and installed.

Right out of the box. It doesn't work. Only a few bucks, and millions don't have a problem I know. But no less frustrating, as I was hoping to use it for iBook development.

Hope that helps.

Oct 17, 2013 9:47 AM in response to ShanghaiBob

It seems that those having updated the system to 10.8.5 have more problems than others.

When you say "clean install" you didn't mean on a clean disc, right???

Try deleting the com.apple.iwork.pages.plist from the Users Library Preferences. To find the Library you have to press the Option/ alt key when in Finder clicking on Go in the menu. Do this with Pages quitted.

Oct 17, 2013 12:21 PM in response to ShanghaiBob

No, it doesn't even if you have the plist file in the right location!!!!

If you can open Pages you will have a plist file in the right location, Users > your name > Library > Preferences. So either you haven't sterted Pages or you are looking in the wrong location. There are 3 Libraries on the computer and the important one in this case is the ine that is hidden. You have to use the Go menu and to get to the Library in the menu you have to press the Option key.

Oct 17, 2013 2:57 PM in response to ShanghaiBob

Bob,

There is a simple test to determine if you have a plist file corruption, or not. Create a new User Account and Launch Pages. If Pages works normally in a fresh User Account, then there are bad plist files in your regular account. There are several plist files, and it's hard to say which may be the cause, so if you determine this to be a problem go to iWork Tips n Tricks and follow the uninstall instructions under "Complete Reinstall".

Jerry

No text showing in Pages '09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.