Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 3194 killed me pleaseeee help asap

so i have an iphone 4 GSM 16 GB it was running 6.1.3 no jailbreake n when ios 7 came out i try to update using itunes n in the middle i got error 3194 n from then m stuck cant use my iphone n cant restore it or update it to any ios , tried 7.0.2 still same problem tried more than 5 different computers still the same did every solution about the host file n the antivi rus n tinyumbreella nothingwork at all plus when i use tinyumbrella it keep on giving me error 11 n without tiny umbrella bk to error 3194 m now in china n went to couple of apple store they had no idea wts going on .. m really dying here i need my phone to work with any ios i dnt care i just want it to work pleeeeeease help asap it been 3 weeks cant use my phone ... regards

iPhone 4

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 8:16 AM

11 replies

Oct 18, 2013 4:34 PM in response to Seemo0

It made changes to you hosts file in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. Edit the file with notepad and look for any entries pointing to apple.com and delete them, reboot and it should resolve your issue. Don't run tiny umbrella again or it will modify your hosts file again and you will have same issue.

Oct 21, 2013 8:34 AM in response to Seemo0

Do you have access to another PC or have you tried uninstalling iTunes, deleting all folders/directories pointing to iTunes. Create new user account on your PC with Admin rights, login with that account, disable Antivirus and Firewall and re-install iTunes with that new user account and then try your stuff.

error 3194 killed me pleaseeee help asap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.